Voting on resolutions and Executive elections took place online, using the tool Simply Voting. Each voting delegate received an email directly from the service provider, Data on the Spot, with login details and links.
Login information & voting credentials
For voting, delegates log in using the email address that they used to register for Convention. Please ensure that you have access to this email throughout the Convention. To check the email address used to register for Convention, delegates are asked to review their Convention registration confirmation email message.
All voting delegates registered for the Convention will receive an email on Monday, September 18 with a link to test their voting login. The email will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org . Please remember to check your junk folder, and be sure to mark the email address (email@example.com) as safe. If by Tuesday, September 19 you have not received an email from firstname.lastname@example.org, please seek technical support using one of the following methods:
- Contact Reiko Tagami, Policy Analyst at email@example.com .
- Visit the help desk on the morning of Wednesday, September 20. The help desk will be located beside the Delegate Services Desk in the foyer of the Vancouver Convention Centre – East.
Voting delegates will use a device connected to wifi or mobile internet in order to vote during resolutions sessions and the Executive elections. Examples of these devices include a smart phone, tablet, or laptop.
Voting delegates who do not have their own smart phone, tablet, or laptop may borrow a smart phone from the service provider, Data on the Spot, for use during each resolutions session and for Executive elections. Please visit the help desk in order to borrow a smart phone for voting purposes. The help desk will be located beside the Delegate Services Desk in the foyer of the Vancouver Convention Centre – East. An additional help desk will be available in the plenary hall during resolutions sessions.
For information on how to vote, please watch this video tutorial: Video tutorial (Youtube video 1:58 mins )
A test vote will be conducted at the start of each resolutions session. This will ensure that all voting delegates present are able to log in to Simply Voting on their voting device. Technical support will be available at the help desk in the plenary hall during resolutions sessions.
Voting delegates who did not register prior to the start of Convention: once registered for Convention, please bring your delegate badge and voting card to the help desk to obtain your login details for voting on resolutions and Executive Elections. The help desk will be located beside the Delegate Services Desk in the foyer of the Vancouver Convention Centre – East. Voting delegates are encouraged to arrive early at the help desk, as it can take time to provide the login details for voting.
- Ensure your smart phone, tablet, or laptop is fully charged at the start of each resolutions session.
- Flag or save the email message with the login details for voting, so that you are ready at the start of each resolutions session and Executive election to login and vote.
- If you need to borrow a voting device, arrive early to each resolutions session to sign out a device from the help desk.
- If you have a question or need assistance, and cannot visit the help desk during a resolutions session or in the foyer of the Vancouver Convention Centre – East, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: only an elected official from a UBCM member local government or Indigenous government, who is registered for Convention, is eligible to vote on resolutions or Executive elections.