Nominations for Convention 2022
A Call for Nominations has been issued to local elected officials wishing to serve on the 2022-2023 UBCM Executive. The deadline for all nominations is Friday July 29, 2022 at 4:00pm.
The Call for Nominations package is available here: Memo, and Appendix A (Nominations Form), Appendix B (Background Info), Appendix C (Nominations and Elections Procedures for 2022) and Appendix D (UBCM Bylaws extract).
UBCM constitutes a Nominating Committee to oversee the nominations process for the UBCM Executive. As per the UBCM Bylaws, the 2022 Nominating Committee will consist of the Immediate Past President and a representative from each of the five Area Associations. The members of the 2022 Nominating Committee are:
- Councillor Brian Frenkel, Immediate Past President, UBCM, Chair
- Director Steve Forseth, North Central Local Government Association
- Councillor Lori Mindnich, Southern Interior Local Government Association
- Mayor Clara Reinhardt, Association of Kootenay & Boundary Local Governments
- Councillor Laura Dupont, Lower Mainland Local Government Association
- Director Penny Cote, Association of Vancouver Island & Coastal Communities
As part of the nominations process, the Committee issues a Call for Nominations and reviews the qualifications of each candidate.
Nominations are accepted for the following 13 elected positions on the UBCM Executive:
- First Vice-President
- Second Vice-President
- Third Vice-President
- Director at Large (5 positions)
- Small Community Representative
- Electoral Area Representative
- Vancouver Metro Area Representative (2 positions)
Following the advance nominations process, the Committee issues a report compiling all nominations received by the nominations deadline of Friday, July 29, 2022 at 4:00pm. Candidates meeting the advance nominations deadline will also have the opportunity to submit a 2-minute video message that will be uploaded to the UBCM website for viewing by Convention delegates. Parameters for these video messages are outlined in the Call for Nominations memo.
Candidates who do not meet the advance nominations deadline, will still have an opportunity to run ‘off the floor’ during Convention. Candidates are asked to review the final Convention program to confirm the designated time to run ‘off the floor’.
Elections are held at the Annual Convention. Candidates will be asked to make a candidate speech during the designated times within the Convention program.
For further information about the nominations and elections process, please contact:
General Manager, Richmond Operations
604 270 8226 ext. 104