UBCM held the 2022 Electoral Area Directors’ Forum April of 2022.
The Forum took place on April 5 (afternoon) and April 6 (morning). The EAD conference focussed on issues of concern to Electoral Area Directors and provides an opportunity to discuss common problems and share potential solutions.
The event was held at the Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport in Richmond, BC. The conference was open to Regional District Chairs; Electoral Area Directors and their alternates; and regional district staff.
The Forum was held in conjunction with the Local Government Leadership Academy Forum to help reduce costs and provide an opportunity for delegates to attend both learning events.
Powerpoints presented at the EAD Conference:
Climate Action Panel
Recycling in BC
- David Lefebrve, Director, Public Affairs West, Recycle BC
- Chair Rob Gay, Regional District of East Kootenay
- Janine Dougall, General Manager of Environmental Services, RD Kootenay Boundary
- Bob McDonald – Director, Extended Producer Responsibility
Active Transportation and Rural Roads - Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
Next Generation 911
- Stephen Thatcher, Vice President of Operations & Oliver Gruter-Andrew, President and CEO, E-Comm 911
Emergency Management Legislation and Disaster Financial Assistance
- Julia Iwama, Executive Lead, Community Recovery, EMBC
- Heather Brazier, A/Executive Lead, Policy, Legislation and Engagement EMBC
Short Term Rentals
Thank you to our sponsors: Lidstone & Company Law Corporation, Young Anderson Barristers & Solicitors, and Shaw Communications Inc.