A local government may, by bylaw, use extracts from the provincial voters list as the register of resident electors for local government elections. To order provincial voters list extracts, visit the Elections BC website and complete and submit the "Provincial Voters List Request Form for Local Governments and Regional Districts."
General Voting Day for the 2018 general local election was Saturday, October 20, 2018.
The required advance voting day was Wednesday, October 10, 2018.
Results from the election are available at CivicInfo BC.
Elections BC oversees the campaign financing and third party advertising rules for local elections. Local jurisdictions maintain responsibility for administering voting and accepting candidate nomination forms.
Elections BC administers local elections campaign financing and advertising rules under the Local Elections Campaign Financing Act (LECFA). Responsibilities include:
- accepting, reviewing and publishing disclosure statements and supplementary reports
- registering third party sponsors during elections
- registering assent voting advertising sponsors outside of an election
- undertaking investigations and audits
- recommending prosecutions for offences under LECFA
Local Government Election Results
Results from the 2018 local government elections are available on the CivicInfo BC website:
Historical Local Government Election Results
Please click on the following links to access historical local government election results for British Columbia:
* Please note: 1996-2002 election results are only available as scanned PDFs of paper files.