2019 Trade Show: THE Place To Do Business with BC Local Government
2019 UBCM Trade Show
Vancouver Convention Centre
September 25-26, 2019
Don't miss out on the 2019 Trade Show, happening only every other year in Vancouver!
The UBCM Trade Show and the UBCM Convention are together again.
Co-located with the 2019 Convention, The UBCM Trade Show is scheduled for two days Wednesday and Thursday, September 25-26 at the Vancouver Convention Center (East Building)
This year’s event is projected to gather over 2,000 local government decision makers, influencers and BC government dignitaries. Held ONLY every second year, when the UBCM Convention meets in Vancouver, this trade show has sold out since inception.
The trade show was originally created to satisfy UBCM members' requests for a time-efficient and cost-effect way to make new business contacts while attending their annual meeting. Today, the UBCM Trade Show provides a unique opportunity for suppliers, service providers, agencies and associations to promote and reconnect with a myriad of municipal, local government and regional district representatives—all in one locale!
Reaching the Right People, the Right Way, at the Right Time Drives Outcomes
The UBCM Trade Show’s primary audience is elected local government officials, including Mayors, Councillors, and Regional District Directors. Many non-elected local government officers and senior staff such as Corporate Administrative Officers, City Managers, Finance, Purchasing and Community Services Managers in addition to several Provincial Ministers and MLA’s may also attend.
Join an elite group of exhibitors and share your ideas, products and solutions face-to-face with multiple levels of local government. General Exhibitor Registration opens January 21, 2019.
It has come to our attention that agencies are circulating a fraudulent letter to past participants of the UBCM Trade Show to provide company data about their organization. Please be aware that these organizations are not operating on our behalf and could be engaged in fraudulent activities. If you have any doubts about the legitimacy of any contact in relation to the UBCM Convention and Trade Show, please do not hesitate to contact us.
** PLEASE NOTE THE 2019 FLOOR PLAN IS NOW SOLD OUT **
Bolster Your Business, Connect with Colleagues
The 2019 Trade Show will offer unparalleled opportunities for exhibitors to make face-to-face contacts with local officials, community officers and key government decision makers from around the province. Located in Exhibition Halls B and C of the Vancouver Convention Centre, the combined Trade Show floor space will occupy over 5,000 square meters and will feature up to 200 booths.
Book Your Booth Below—Easy as 1,2,3
- Review the exhibiting benefits and exhibit package features in the 2019 UBCM Trade Show Exhibitor Prospectus
- Open the Trade Show Floor Plan and prioritize your top 3 booth numbers from available exhibit spaces. [Only booths WITHOUT a coloured stamp are available]
- Complete the online 2019 Trade Show Exhibitor Application and Registration Form.
UBCM reserves the right to reject or cancel any application/agreement to exhibit. Eligibility to be an exhibitor at the 2019 Trade Show is limited to companies in good standing with UBCM, and must represent business or interests relevant to BC Local Governments.
Call the UBCM Trade Show Exhibitor Centre toll free at 1-888-737-2583 or email email@example.com
The 2019 UBCM Trade Show Team will update important dates and key deadlines here.
- General Exhibitor Application Registration opens January 21
- Official Booth Assignments Sent by or Before March 1
- Deadline Early Bird Exhibit Package Pricing April 15
Exhibitor Manual and Service Order Forms
- Exhibitor Manual available on Exhibitor Portal March 25
- Exhibitor Service Forms Online Ordering via Levy and VCC March 25
- Discount Deadline for VCC order forms August 31
- Discount Deadline for Levy Show Services September 11
- Exhibitor Portal available to order exhibitor badges February 1
- Final day to submit/change exhibitor badge names September 20
- Badge pick-up onsite at ‘Exhibitor Services Desk’ September 24-26
Exhibitor Services Desk Open
- Tuesday, September 24 9:00am to 6:00pm
- Wednesday, September 25 9:30am to 5:00pm
- Thursday, September 26 10:00am to 3:00pm
Trade Show Floor Schedule
- Exhibitors ‘show ready’ by 7:00pm for inspection September 24
- Official Show Floor Open: Wednesday, September 25 10:30am to 5:00pm
- Official Show Floor Open: Thursday, September 26 10:00am to 3:00pm
Booth Setup and Dismantle
- Vehicle access to exhibit floor: 9:00am to 6:00pm ONLY, September 24
- Exhibit booth installation/move-in: 9:00am to 8:00pm, September 25
- Exhibit booth dismantling/move-out: 3:05pm to 9:00pm, September 26
Cancellation and Refunds
- No refunds for exhibit packages at the Advanced Prospectus Rate. Prior to January 18
- Exhibit cancellation for refund less a $900 administrative fee. Prior to May 1
- Notification must be received in writing before May 1
- No refunds or credit for cancellations after May 1
- Event no-shows are non-refundable. Future show credits will not be issued.
Printed and Digital Publications
- Final listing changes for inclusion in printed 2019 Trade Show Guide July 31
- Final listing changes for inclusion in 2019 Convention Event App July 31
Advertising—2019 Trade Show Guide
- Deadline for Ad placement in Trade Show Guide - SOLD OUT
- Final deadline to provide print ready artwork July 31
[Revised: May 22, 2019]
Confirmed 2019 Exhibitors will be sent a dedicated link to the UBCM Trade Show Exhibitor Portal to access the Exhibitor Manual, Exhibitor Kit, Exhibitor Service Forms, Exhibitor Badge Order Form, Move-In Schedules and more.
The individual that was listed as your organization’s ‘Primary Contact’ on your Exhibitor Application and Registration Form will receive the link to the UBCM Trade Show Exhibitor Portal and any Trade Show Updates. If you need assistance or have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
[Revised: December 11, 2018]
We have several advertising and sponsorship opportunities that offer an impactful way to really make your presence known at the UBCM 2019 Convention.
To help maximize your company’s investment and presence, there are two advertising programs available.
Advertise in the 2019 Trade Show Guide
Drive delegate traffic direct to your booth by placing an ad in the printed 2019 Trade Show Guide. This publication is provided to every delegate at the Convention. Advertising in the Trade Show Guide is an exclusive opportunity available only to exhibiting organizations.
Contact Karen Slessor toll free at 1-888-737-2583 for ad specs, pricing and more details.
Advertise in UBCM's e-newsletter The Compass
The Compass is the single source for breaking news and business updates for UBCM members and interested organizations and delegates during the UBCM Convention.
All organizations participating as Sponsors will be acknowledged, starting with visibility in our pre-convention marketing programs, up to and throughout the duration of the 2019 Convention as well as on ubcm.ca and The Compass e-newsletter post event. Sponsors of the UBCM Convention gain awareness, recognition and access to over 2,000 local government officials and staff through advertising opportunities, networking events and speaking opportunities.
To choose the sponsorship opportunity that best meets your marketing objectives, please contact Kelsey Mackay-Smith, Events and Sponsorship Coordinator, at 604-270-8226 ext. 103 or email email@example.com.
Please contact us if you have questions or want to learn more about how your organization can participate in the 2019 UBCM Convention and Trade Show.
If you are specifically interested in exhibiting, advertising or sponsorship opportunities, please contact:
For Trade Show Management & Show Guide Advertising
For Marketing Sponsorship and Convention Events
UBCM Mailing Address
60-10551 Shellbridge Way
Richmond, BC V6X 2W9