Applications are currently being accepted in this program.
The Community Emergency Preparedness Fund (CEPF) is a suite of funding streams intended to enhance the resiliency of local governments, First Nations and communities in responding to emergencies. Funding is provided by the Province of BC and is administered by UBCM. No new intakes are anticipated at present.
All local governments (municipalities and regional districts) and all First Nations (bands and Treaty First Nations) in BC are eligible to apply.
The funding streams include:
- Emergency Support Services
- Emergency Operations Centres & Training
- Evacuation Route Planning
- Flood Risk Assessment, Flood Mapping & Flood Mitigation Planning
- Structural Flood Mitigation
- Volunteer & Composite Fire Departments Equipment & Training
- Indigenous Cultural Safety & Cultural Humility Training
- CEPF Summary of Funded Projects, 2017-2020
- Provincial Flood Hazard Area Land Use Management Guidelines October 2017